After a bit of searching I decided on a paint color "Curry" for my accent wall (my first painting experience). Not taking into consideration that I am 5 feet tall and my ceilings are 9 feet high I began trying to tape off with a ladder that I had borrowed from maintenance. I then realized that even with the ladder and that I couldn't reach the top to make a neat edge and came to the conclusion that I would need to recruit some help. Lucky for me Mom and Dad were planning to come down the next day to help unpack anyway. They begrudgingly brought down painting gear and we embarked on the adventure. Thanks for ALL the help!
I know the color looks crazy in the picture but this was the first coat and it looks better in person than in pictures... it got better!
I got back at Mom for making me polish the silver all those years growing up; she repaid me with polishing mine!
He discovered the wonders of a front loading washer!
Maybe not as exciting as a new appliance, is his first bath in the big sink. Not fun for him but definitely easier on my back than bending over the sunk-in tub!
SOOO.... here it is as of now (and remember the paint looks better in person than in these pictures)...
The Kitchen
Hoping to find a special piece for this wall that will look great and can serve a purpose (looking for old apartment mailboxes - the kind that laid against a wall - to use to hold my spices)
Just ordered a new queen sized sleeper sofa this week (visitors welcome) to go here and the chair will move next to the TV I think...
The purple is more tame in person as well, goodness these pictures do not represent my color scheme very well...
This is one of my favorite pieces that my friend Ari and I designed and he built. In this apartment, I have the perfect lighting to highlight the piece!
While there is still more to do I love it already! The Shirlington area is great!!! I went out to brunch, the movies and grocery shopping last Sunday and never had to use my car... all within 3 blocks!
Thanks to all of my family and friends who have helped with moving, painting, cleaning, decorating and supporting me in this new phase in my life :)
While there is still more to do I love it already! The Shirlington area is great!!! I went out to brunch, the movies and grocery shopping last Sunday and never had to use my car... all within 3 blocks!
Thanks to all of my family and friends who have helped with moving, painting, cleaning, decorating and supporting me in this new phase in my life :)
2 comments:
This place is so much more YOU!!! I love it and can't wait to see it in person! I also LOVE the video of Rogie!!! That is so cute.
The place looks great. I just love the kitchen! I'll have to come see it in person. So nice!
Post a Comment