Sunday, August 8, 2010

Visit with Stef

I went up to NJ/Pennsylvania to visit my friend Stefanie from college.  We had a great weekend, as we always do, with lots of girl talk and good times.  The first night I got there we went to New Hope for their amazing fireworks display, sushi, and some drinks.

The next day we walked around Peddler's Village and looked in all the little shops then had drinks overlooking the Delaware River at this cute little inn.


Then we went home and Stef cooked us a delicious pasta dinner before we headed up for a little walk  to check out sunset.


The next day we found a place to go for a nice relaxing horseback ride.  Well that was the plan at least... My horse unfortunately did not want to cooperate initially and took off back for the stables despite my trying to re-direct him.  Our "guide" was of little help as he was calling for me to turn him around and every time I tried instead of turning 180 degrees, he turned the whole 360... Eventually someone else from the stable saw what was happening and helped me get my horse under control! The rest of the trip was fun though Stef and I think our "guide" was a bit tipsy...

We even got to Klip Klop over a covered bridge and go through water up to our feet in the stirrups


We also went to a really cool sculpture garden called
  Grounds For Sculpture.

Where's Waldo...can you find me...
I loved this tree lined path!
Stef was giving this guy a few pointers on his artwork, "paint a happy little cloud over there."
When you gotta go you gotta go!
Beautiful waterfall with stones!

Stef thanks for a great weekend! 

No comments: