Saturday, September 4, 2010

Jimmy Buffett!!!

I have always wanted to go to a Jimmy Buffett show, and I FINALLY got my chance!  For the Labor Day Weekend show no less!  It was all I have ever imagined it to be and more! What a day/night...

Ironically, while picking up last minute supplies for the show, Kelly "blew out her flip flop" (a lyric from one of Jimmy's songs) so after stopping at 4 places (it is the end of the summer) we finally found her some new ones.

On the way to the show, coffee and Corona!

We met up with friend of Erik's who had bought a "short bus" for the occasion and we all set up shop for an amazing tailgate...baby pools, tents, food, decorations, 


Bean bag toss,

Oh yes, and of course the ice luge...



Our gang...Kelly, Tom, Joey, Erik, Jenny and, me





What's a Buffett experience without props/decorations? So I hit the party store for some goods...

Hair clips, swizzle sticks, press on tattoos

And leis.
 Of course I had to buy Kelly one with an attached shot glass :)



SHOWTIME!!!!







It was a great time! Now things did not end so smoothly... Joey, our DD, lost his keys sometime during the course of the day... which he realized as the show was beginning.  After searching and re-searching the Cool Bus site, our other romping areas, and even under the pee tent, the keys were no where to be found.  We eventually got rides to Joey's mother's house, about 2.5 miles from the venue, and he took her car to drive us back home.  Ironically, we had paid extra for a great parking spot which would have been easy to get out of in the mad rush of cars leaving after the show.  Well, Joey had no problem getting out of the spot the next day when he went back with a spare set of keys...

An experience to remember, Jimmy we love you!!!





No comments: