Sunday, September 14, 2008

My visit to Boston

After 19 months (and many visits in between) I was able to cash in on Kara and Todd's generous gift to bring me up to Boston for a visit. We had a great time playing on the playground, going to the zoo (you'll have to look for a post on Kara's blog for those pictures, I left my camera back at the house that day), and Kara, Todd, and I even had time for a great night out for dinner, drinks and dessert.

The cutest face ever! (Jack's that is, not that look from Kara in the back...)

Jack has a new favorite activity, cleaning up, or as he says, in the most compound word ever "CUP." Kara and Todd think this is because of his infatuation with Ana, the cleaning lady. She only comes every 2 weeks, but Jack mentions her multiple times per day. Here is Jack "cleaning up" with what he has deemed a "vacuum."





Another Jackism, "Nini" or Tortellini ...



For those who don't know Kara that well, she is quite the Starbucksaholic. I am not exaggerating on this one. She does admit it which is the first step, but non the less she has a real problem! After dinner we had to stop off so she could stock up. Now, we were out a couple of towns over so we were not at her "regular" Starbucks and she didn't want to overwhelm the baristas, so....

She only ordered two. She usually orders four at a time and then puts them in her fridge for when she "needs" them. She actually got back in the car and said, "it's ok, I can pick up more tomorrow on my way home from the gym." Is there a 12 step program for her?

Look at those eyes!

After getting back from my trip to Colorado, I was very relieved not to have to spend more time with one of the most overstimulating and insane toys ever... Nora's beloved Dancing Tickle Me Elmo... Much to my dismay, Jack loves this guy too AHHHH.

Crazy Toy = Crazy Kid


The BEST part of the whole trip however was hearing Jack call for me. In his language "Darcie" is "She She" and it is music to my ears!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job she-she!!!!!!!

Kara said...

everyone has something.....right?

Kelly said...

Love the new design...I don't think I saw that one! Kara's house is beautiful and Jack is a cutie! Wow Kara, I can't even handle a diet coke without getting the jitters!!!