Tuesday, August 16, 2011

A Visit to She She's House!

Jack and Liana came to stay with me for 5 days while Kara and Todd were on vacation in Italy this summer.  I have the best Niece and Nephew ever! We had such a great time together!  Here's the fun that I was able to capture on film...

My biggest fear in preparing for this visit was that the kids would be able to sleep here.  My one bedroom apartment is a bit tight to house me, two kids, and a crazy dog... Here's how the lodging went: Jack slept on the air mattress to the left of my bed, Liana had the pack and play to the right, and Rogie and I slept out on the pullout couch in the main room because otherwise the Rogster would have been trying to jump in bed with the kids all night...

 During Liana's nap time Jack and I decided to play some games I had brought home from the office.  His favorite (mine too) was Bumparena!

Who says it's not all fun and games???

For dinner the first night Sona, Bodhi, and Hudzen invited us over for tacos.  Yummm!  

Then home for bath time...

LOVE!!!

Knowing that my apartment is a tiny space and I would have to keep the kids busy for a few minutes each day while I got dressed, I planned ahead for some treasure hunts.  Each kiddo had a bag that I would put a treasure in each morning and hide someplace in the apartment.  It took a couple of minutes to find the bags then they had something new to play with while I got dressed :)  Here's Jack with his treasure, a slinky!

This is a deceiving picture... At this point in the visit Liana was actually petrified of Rogie.  She loved the idea of him and couldn't wait to see him, but would not let me put her down while he was on the loose for the first two and a half days.  I'm assuming this moment was OK given that Rogie was mellow and cuddling with the blankets on the pull out bed.  No need to worry however, day by day she got more comfortable around the crazy pooch first petting his back, then feeding him his food, touching his feet, and pulling his tail.  By the last day she was letting him give her kisses on her face!

After getting dressed and having some breakfast we went over to pick up Kelly and headed over to the Arlington County fair.  As we walked in, we spotted a firetruck and a fireman.  He was so nice and opened the front door and let Jack "take it for a ride."

A BIG thank you to Kelly for her help at the fair!  The kids love Kelly and so do I!

Miss Liana was just a bit too small for all of the rides (though they let me take her on the carousel ). 




Jack didn't have any fun...

During Liana's nap this day, Jack and I made a fort!

Of course he had to be protected, so Jack drew on a target and  a shield to fend off intruders!  Zurg is always prepared!


After nap we were off for more adventures at the spray park.  Ready with their new shades from their treasure bags showing some sibling love!







Day 3 started off as a rainy day so we headed out to the Udvar Hazy Air and Space Museum.

It looked just like Jack's bedroom!


 The "Shark Fighter Plane"

Future Amelia Earhart!

Space Shuttle

NASA might want to rethink ending their program, Jack would be a great Astronaut! 

But he was really into all the missiles that he saw!

Our picnic lunch at the cafeteria.

During Liana's nap today Jack and I cuddled with Rogie and watched the Alvin and the Chipmunks movie (which he had basically memorized).


 

The weather cleared up for a bit so we went up to my terrace and had a snack.  
Given Jack's choice of cherries, we decided it was wise to take off his white shirt...


We even had a cup to spit out the pits

Go away paparazzi!!!!



 Liana however, was not as camera shy...



It started to rain on us so we hopped over to Jason, Jessica, and Maya Kaufman's house for a quick visit.  Jason (through my protesting, I promise Todd!) decorated Liana in Mets necklaces.  The girl is a necklace junkie, she couldn't resist... 

Back home Liana is getting friendly with Rogie... Thank goodness he's a patient guy!
Kisses on the hand!
 "My bed," Liana would say and pretend to sleep on Rogie's bed.  So cute!

The next morning the kids were up and ready to spend some quality time with Rogie again.  They were such good helpers with feeding him, giving him his medicine, and walking him!


Liana, loved looking for him when he was cuddled under the blankets!  Hide and seek :)



Then up to the terrace we went to blow some bubbles.




The playgrounds were all wet from the rain overnight so we went to the best indoor playground ever, The Children's Therapy Center! 



My "Sensory Boy"!!!



Liana got a turn in the swing too!

"Out came the sun and dried up all the rain" so after nap time off we went to the playground!  


 For our last dinner together we treated ourselves to Guapos - Delicious!  You tell me if they enjoyed it???? 


 


Then down the block for some Frozen Yogurt!




Day 5, our last day together, we fed Rogie breakfast, then decided to explore a new playground. 

And explore we did!






And time for one more round of Bumparena before Jack and Liana headed back to Boston.


Jack and Liana, you are the best kids in the world and I had so much fun spending time with you this summer!    Jack, you are the best "Magic Key" master and Rogie is so lucky to have you to help him go on walks even if you like to squat down and watch him take care of his business.  Liana, Rogie is soooo happy that you like to play with him and you are such a good helper when it is time to feed him!  I loved going on the carousel with you, hiding treasures for you, playing at the playgrounds and splash park, and most of all I loved all of your hugs and kisses!  I love you both "to the moon and back"!!!

2 comments:

Mia said...

Awww... This melts my heart. You are the best Aunt ever, Darcie!

Kara said...

Seriously She She you are the best AUNT EVER!!!!!!!! Todd and I should go away more often. It looks like you guys had fun (I am a little jealous I missed it). We love you so much. Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!!