Kelly and I made our 2nd annual Memorial weekend getaway to the Tapper Bed and Breakfast (THANKS Kim !!!) in Middleburg, VA. Of course on the way we had a bit of an adventure... I had temporarily wedged the plastic underside of my bumper up under the bumper, as it had been pulled off by a concrete parking block a few weeks before. I thought it would be fine, since it had already lasted a few weeks, until I was able to get it into the repair shop. Guess I was wrong... mid-trip on Route 66 we hear the noise... pull over and it was way worse than before, no tucking would hold... Luckily the "Macgyver" in me kicked in. I dug through my trunk, to found an old pair of sneakers, pulled out the laces, tied them together, and tied the plastic onto my bumper (on the shoulder of the highway in a sundress)!!! It lasted through the trip and the next week until I was able to get it fixed professionally.
My country getaway - Halfway Farm
Chillin' on the farm
We of course brought Rogie along so he could visit with the pugs again and run on the farm.
A whole farm to play catch on!!!!
These are two of my favorite Rogie shots!
Ahhh the pugs are here! HELP!!!
Go away crazy snorting pugs!
Off to the wineries! Our first stop Swedenburg, next to Chrysalis, then to my favorite Barrel Oak for a wine and nosh get together with some friends from Arlington.
Chase, Kelly, and Joey
Ryan (no he wasn't sleeping), Yari and Edwin
I think my friends must have facial ticks...
Sunset over the vineyards, ahhh the peacefulness, my favorite times at Barrel Oak!
It was a great weekend! I love that this has become an annual adventure that I hope we can continue in the years to come!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment