My first stop was to the Tobie household where I got to surprise my buddy Lenny. Lenny's parents kept my visit a secret, so he came home from school to me sitting in his family room. I was greeted with a big smile, and a very important question..."Where's Rogie?" I've known Lenny since he came home from the hospital as an infant, and it's hard to believe he is turning 10 this summer.
Lenny
After my visit with the Tobies I went over to my friend Christina's house for the night. I even had some time to hang out with her two girls, Emma and Sophia, before bedtime. The next morning Christina and Dion graciously opened their house and great back yard to more visitors. My cousin Paul came over, as well as my friend Kim Riechenbach from college, with her 2 kiddos, Max and Marin. Later, Sherena and her children, Taylor and Jordan, joined in on the fun. We spent the entire afternoon in the back yard and had a great visit!
Emma enjoying her ice pop in her cool shades
Let's send out a "Save the Date" now for a 2029 wedding! Max and Emma really hit it off and Max even set up a second date and invited Emma out to meet at Applebees. He also invited her to play at his house... Dion are you ready for this?
Emma can play with the big kids too! We all remember Taylor and Jordan when they were little like the other ones...
After the great afternoon, I went to spend the evening with my cousins Ethan and Deborah and their daughters Talia and Mikayla. The girls are adorable and so much fun even despite feeling a bit under the weather. Unfortunately, I forgot to pull out the camera during our many, many fun rounds of Hungry Hungry Hippos or our game of doctor when I was the recipient of multiple injections from Talia...
The next day was day 1 of my conference then I went back to Merrick to see Julie, Brian and their little girl Kate. Ironically, they had Kate's baby naming ceremony that Shabbas at the synagogue where Ethan is a Cantor. We had a nice evening and Brian was able to break in his new grill.
Kate
After day 2 of the conference I spent my last night with my friend Jane and her daughter Stephanie. We had a great Italian meal and a much needed glass of wine!
It was a busy, but great weekend and it was so nice to spend time with everyone. Thanks to everyone for your beds/couches as well as my amazing friends and family who came out to visit!!!
2 comments:
Looks like a fun trip!! I can't believe you got the pictures up already you are making me look bad!!!!
It was so great seeing and spending time with you guys...I can't wait to do it again!
Post a Comment