Friday, June 26, 2009

Jester Glass Brunch

One of my many favorite memories of growing up was going to visit my Grandparents in NY. Every time we stayed at my Grandma Gloria's house I asked in the sweetest granddaughter voice I could muster up if I could pleeeease use a "Jester Glass" to drink my water. Grandma had a set of glasses that were hand painted with golden jesters and bejeweled with various colored stones. They were delicate and had to be hand washed by grandma ... of course the answer was always yes, and I was always ever so careful with them as they were my favorite. When my Grandmother moved up to Baltimore and into an assisted living facility I was lucky enough to be given the jester glasses. For years they have sat in boxes until I found the right time to use them. SO.... last weekend I had a few friends over for brunch and immediately thought about the jester glasses. We had a full range of brunch beverages including water, OJ, sparking apple juice and bloody mary's all served in Grandma's Jester Glasses!

CHEERS!!!
Kelly and Jessica

Kelly, Kelly, Braden, and Sona

Of course my boyfriend Bodhi was there! He's not quite ready for the Jester Glass...

The Rogster and Bodhi what a pair!Here's to you Grandma, thanks for the childhood memories and all the memories yet to come when I use my favorite Jester Glasses!!!

No comments: